Maintenance-Free Hose Connection
The PowerGrip SB clamp is made from heat shrinkable thermoplastic material that provides a great seal. When used with Techflex Sleevings they effectively clamp hoses while terminating the braid.
This clamp never needs re-tightening and it is resistant to all automotive fluids. Whenever the engine reaches operating temperature, the shrink forces of PowerGrip SB readjust to a consistent clamping force. Cold leaks, which normally occur when the temperature drops below 40 degrees F, are eliminated.Installation using a heat gun is fast and easy,including hard-to-reach places.
Turn off the Engine
1. Be sure vehicle engine is turned off and has cooled down.
2. Drain coolant.
3.Remove old hoses.
4. Clean metal stems with wire brush.
5.Remove clamp from brace by squeezing, then folding the brace in half and removing it.
Place Clamps Over Hose
6. Place clamps over each end of new hose.
7. Position hose over fitting.
8. Slide clamp over top of fitting bead. Be sure to position so the print on clamp is facing up and in full view.
9. Apply heat as follows: use standard heat gun with settings on high; move gun continuously; continue until shrinking is complete.
Let the Clamp cool for 5 minutes
10. Check connections to be sure a good seal was made by trying to turn the hose.
11. Replace coolant.
12. Start engine and check for leaks. If leaks appear, apply more heat to clamp.